Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot dead air and ring no answer when called

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp2003

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2009
US
Can anyone confirm that the fix to call pilots dead air and ring no answer is install more ports and DSP's. I am being told that are volume of calls is causing this problem and we do not have sufficient ports. What is everyones take on this?

Log into CP Manager and click Maintenance and then Channel Monitor. Watch the ports as you call them. If you have idle ports and are experiencing the problem, then you might have a bad port.

Whoever told you is totally incorrect

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Does it work sometimes? If your problems occur on monday mornings when everyone comes in and checks voicemail then maybe you need more ports, you really should monitor whats going on like telebub suggested to see for yourself.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

It does seem to happen on Mondays between 8am and noon the dead air, the ring no answer is more wide spread. I am going to monitor the situation.

An answer with dead air is a definite problem with a port or ports. A ring no answer could be all ports busy or a port problem.

The Call Pilot will give you a RNA if all channels are busy, It's nothing but an ACD group with no Ran trunks

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back