Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Application Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill5

Technical User
Jul 9, 2008
US
CP 5.00.41 PEPs up to date, loaded 4-27-2012, appl builder 5.00.41.167.

Can not create new application, can not open existing application, only 1 application in this thing.

Deleted file in d:\nortel\file transfer folder
Ran support tools, consistency check, deleted appl, rebooted---followed Nortel procedure....

Can not load application from server......error.

help me

What is the error you are getting? What SU are you running on the CallPilot?

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I've got a similar problem. I'm supposed to have ATT look at it today, I'll let you know how it's fixed.
Jesus is with us no matter what!
zigmo36

I have not returned to the cust. site to verify PEPs....from my memory... server was su 11, client is 05c, security 14s, and appl builder 5.00.41.167. 1 or 2 other peps. The peps were last updated 4-27-2012. The error is "could not connect to server..." Isolated CLAN network to a hub to confirm no ports getting blocked by network, after launching appl builder on my pc (old XP) I could see the appl get transferred to the d:/nortel/file transfer folder on the server. CPMgr--event viewer--would see app builder logged in successfully "info" message. The appl file (XXXX.ED) file would not transfer to the client PC and eventually time out with the error on the client PC "could not connect to server..." My next level of support has suggested I reimage. I'm going to reimage but I can't believe there is not another solution.

Well, I can report that my problem, which sounds very similar to yours, was fixed. Apparently it was a CLAN hiccup. All I had to do was go to the CallPilot server, go to the D: drive, then to the Nortel folder, then to the File Transfer folder, open that up, then look for anything with a number followed by .ed (leave the default.ed file alone), and delete those files. Apparently those are just temporary files that are supposed to go away when the app is closed on the client computer, but sometimes they don't, which of course throws a monkey wrench in the system. By the way, our CallPilot software hasn't been updated since 2006. ;+)

Good luck!
zigmo36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back