Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot - Any End of Life announcements...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
I have a "NEW" Call Pilot system that is running V2.0.2.2. We have a quote to add FAX services to the system, but I am wondering if we should also upgrage the system to V4.0.

Has anyone heard any "end of life" announcements for V2.0.2.2..??

The system, while it has been physically sitting in a soon-to-be switchroom for a couple of years (Don't ask..!!), it is not being used yet.

Would it benefit us to upgrade it to V4.0 when we add the FAX Services..?? We know that the upgrade involves changing from WIN NT to Windows Server 2003 which requires a lot of downtime, so right now looks to be beneficial.

Once we start using the system, we are looking at about 2000 voice mail boxes and about 1000 fax boxes, so right now is better than later.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Is that version of CP running on on WinNT? If so, regardless of EOL status from Nortel.... Well, you know.

CP4.x is on a Win2003 Server OS.

Many Network Wizards would not allow an NT box to touch the network... Others, well they are at lesser risk I guess.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Rel 2.02
server os: Win NT
MD:2Q 2006
End-of-Life: Mid 2009

MD = Manufacture Discontinued (previously known as “Retired”)

Kind regard Mailman DK

Upgrade to 4.0. There are sooooo many reliability issues. I detest 2.anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back