Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot answers after 3 or 4 rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kce9751

Programmer
Nov 18, 2008
US
I updated the patches to SU04 on call pilot. Afterwards, it appears that call pilot answers after 3 or 4 rings. I've reran the configuration wizard, rebooted the call pilot, reseated the mgate cards, tested each port. All ports are not busy when this happens. There are 20 or more ports idle when the call pilot delays in answering. I'm just trying to think of anything else I might be able to do or if anyone has had any issues with SU04?

How about your PBX Deplist? Is it the latest? What are the settings of the ELAN and VAS on the PBX?

LD 22
REQ: PRT
TYPE: VAS

REQ: PRT
TYPE: ADAN ELAN

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Yeah that is fine. None of that should have changed though. I can see that the security patches are not up to date on the call pilot. Could this be something? SU04 patches are but hte SEC patches are not.

I don't see how but you never know. You might go ahead and install the latest Hotfix PEP to eliminate it as a possible cause. I had this problem a couple of weeks ago but it was intermittently answering after 3 or 4 rings, not every call. I did the things you stated above such as running Config Wizard and rebooting the server. That seemed to have fixed it as I haven't received anymore complaints.

I also had a weird problem on a CallPilot that was installed and working properly for over a year and all of the sudden it was getting delayed answering. The cause was that the N1 prompt in the ELAN settings of the PBX was set to 128 instead of 512. After changing it to 512, the problems went away. That is why I brought that up.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Gotcha! I'm going to try installing those hotfixes. This is happening intermittently too! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back