Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot & Faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleAnn716

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Is it possible to send faxes using the call pilot desktop? I can receive vms and fax but not sure how to set it up to send. My vendor's tech told me it cannot be done...is that true?

When you installed the desktop client it should have installed nortel fax. Print the file you want to fax and select the nortel fax printer.

Is there anything special I need to do in the setup? When I try to send the fax, it fails

You have to have fax option turned on in the mailbox class of that user. Not just desktop, but desktop and fax....

I already have fax and desktop checked off in the mailbox class

Most of the time when a user is able to use DM for incoming vm's and faxes, but is having problems with outbound faxing, it's a global (affecting everyong on the system)problem having to do with:

1) improper DNS setup
2) improper FQDN setup
3) RPL

Jephph

Is this setup in a domain?
Check the ldap search base it should match the fqdn of the callpilot.

is there a solution for this? I checked most of the things i could think of and i'm still having problems faxing out...

MicheleAnn716... look to see if you are keycoded to have
fax.at callpilot manager screen look in the server info
it will tell you how many seat you have your vendor may
be correct by saying no depends on your keycodes callpilot
by default comes with 20 desktop message seats and 0 fax
seats.

hope this helps

strmwalker

MicheleAnn716..if you have the fax seats take a look at
your callpilot agents and make sure tgar and ncos can make
outgoing calls to fax out of pbx.

strmwalker

I wouldn't waste much time with this. The desktop faxing is a pile! Especially if you need to do batch faxing. You need to know how to mail merge, amongst other functions. It's not worth the headache it takes to get it running properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back