Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot - Always block messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonsmom

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
CA
I currently have Call Pilot 4.04 and have recently been ask to disable any callers from leaving messages to over 800 mailboxes. Is there any way of "Always block messages" and is it possible to do this to everyone and then go back and change the ones that should receive messages? The reason for this is a possible strike and we want to eliminate callers reaching mailboxes and not getting any responses. I am hoping for a solution that will do a bulk of users at once. Thanks for your help/suggestions.

This is a repeat post as I posted on the wrong forum.

jacksmom

jacksonsmom...the answers will be the same.sorry

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

if you have the luxury to test this give this a try
under the class of service:mailbox storage limit for
all media=1,max composed message length=0,max call
answering message length=0 then save your changes,then
call a mailbox in the class of service and see if it will
let you leave a message.i hope that will work for you
if not the only other way is what i said in the post.

strmwalker

strmwalker

Update I did try the above I created a new class of service and changed the mailbox sorage limit (for all media) to 1 and also check off the block call answering when mailbox is full. By doing this the calls then trasfer to an attendant which is exactly what we what it to do. Thanks again for your suggestions.

jacksonsmom

glad to help that was a s.w.a.g. at.hope things workout.

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back