Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

iclarke

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
IE
Hi,
We are currently running Meridian Mail and which provides all the functionality we require. Are there any alternative products we can migrate to other than call pilot. We have no need for most of the call pilot functionality?

not as clean as mermail. but you can use almost any second party voice mail. i've installed centagrams behind the nortel and it works.. with call pilot, you don't need to buy most of the whistles and bells. it's still a price consideration but mine has been up and running over a year without a problem.. almost 2000 boxes and maybe 40 menus.. the good thing about the migration is that i moved the users. saved msgs, paswwords recordings etc without a problem from mermail to cp.. i had to rebuild the app's but did move the recordings

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm using a Centigram, but it's not been as reliable as I'd like. It's in a separate PC running QNix (a Unix O/S subset). Backups are a pain because they have to go to floppies since I can't interface it directly to my LAN - approximately 1 diskette per 12 mailboxes if you backup greetings and messages.

The box itself is on its third hard drive in five years and it's sounding wonky again - I'm a PC man, and that's a high failure rate. There've also been issues with the interface cards in it, and I've had a few lockups that required hard boots to get voicemail working again - bootups take 3 or 4 minutes and sometimes fail for no apparent reason, so you reboot again.

On the plus side, it's relatively easy to program and very flexible - there are lots of features we've never used. Outcall paging works flawlessly with multiple pager numbers and TOD. I've never set up Meridian Mail or Call Pilot so I can't compare them, but I can live with the Centigram.

Steve Harmon
Greenfield, Indiana

sounds about right for centigram, it is easy to add users, reset passwords etc.. menu services are ok after the 1st one.. nothing is eaiser then call pilot, a user could add mailboxes if i'd share the password, it's http interface is eaiser them some websites.. a few changes they could make.. i can add a 20 chioce menu service in less then 30 minutes, and you can document as much as you like to.. time of day, day of week etc are just drag and drop, right click, adjust properties.. save.. i loved mermail but cp is quicker

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back