Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 600r

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller3383

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2010
US
I have a Call Pilot 600r that will no longer boot up. I have taken it out of the rack and I have it sitting on a bench. In the boot up process it attempts to launch Windows 2003 server. I can view the progress bar at the bottom of the 2003 Server main screen, but then the progress bar freezes and that is as far as the boot up process goes. I can turn the power off, reboot and it does the same thing. It does not seem to completely launch Windows Server. Has anyone experienced this and can you help me resolve the problem?

Do you have the SCSI terminator plugged in? The 600R requires it.

No, I do not! I will try that. What about the Dongle? Is it required for the system launch Windows?

Dongle isn't required for Windows 2003 launch but the SCSI terminator most definitely is.

Yup, if you don't have the SCSI terminator the OS will not load. do you have a tape drive connected?

No, tape drive is not connected. I will get the SCSI terminator. Thanks!

Good point Janaya, my post above should have read:

"Dongle isn't required for Windows 2003 launch but the SCSI terminator/tape drive most definitely is".

I have seen where a Call Pilot R5 will stick on the Windows Splash Screen.

I was running BIOS version 6.0.2

I upgraded BIOS to 6.0.3 and it booted correctly.

The BIOS upgrade is included on the CP 5 Image CD/DVD.

Worth checking the current version.

Procedure is in the Upgrade & Platform Migration Guide.

Upgrading BIOS formats the hard disk so make sure you have backup, unless you want to rebuild from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back