Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 5 peps installed last night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hey All: I had all the peps and patches installed by our vendor last night and this morning everyone with Desktop Messaging is getting the message "Unable to access system resources on the server. Please try again later." I did not get this error last night on our test. The tech did tell me that Application Builder would need to be upgraded and maybe MyCallPilot also, and he also gave me the latest version of App Builder, MyCallPilot and Desktop client.
We upgraded desktop messaging on one of our pc's this morning but still the error pops up.
I do not have a list of the Peps and patches at this time.

Can it be that if I don't upgrade the MyCallPilot we would still get this error.

Any ideas, experiences would be greatly appreciated. I do not look good with egg on my face

Thanks in advance

Hello All: Nortel has found the solution to this problem but it is too complicated for me to explain fully. According to Nortel, we are the third shop to experience this problem that they know of. We were at the SU2 patch level and were brought up to the SU5 level and for some reason the SYBASE SQL database either did not get updated or an update occurred that should not have happened. All the peps were installed in the correct order and no problems developed according to Nortel. Nortel went in and manually corrected the database and we were back fully functional still using the older client and the older My Call Pilot. Nortel then went on to tell us that they would be including this issue in one of the PEPS.
I am sorry I cannot give a better explanation but this went way beyond my brain capacity.

Thanks for updating with the resolution.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back