Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 5.0 Mailbox Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirls86

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2006
US
We just upgraded from release 4.0 to release 5.0. I'm able to create a new mailbox with no errors, but when I try to access the mailbox from my phone I receive an error message. The message states "the command can not be completed at this time , and the seesion can not be completed at this time."

Dose anyone have any ideas of what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Ron

We just did a migration from 4.0 703T to 5.0 1005r.

We are having the same issue on existing mailboxes where we have reset a password. When you log into the mailbox, after the system tells you the temporary password has to be changed, you get an immediate tone and a message that says "Your command cannot be completed at this time". We built a new mailbox, and we are getting the same message without the prompt to change your temporary password.

We are also having an issue with the audible time/date stamp being an hour off, even though the CP server is correct and time of day schedules do not appear to be off. In RPLs we are noticing that the time zones last change references the Caracas time zone -4 GMT - we should be -5 GMT. We have not been able to change the time zone on the server.

Any suggestions?

Solution: For the audible time and date stamp issue. Re-run the config wizard and re-install the language disk. It fixed my problem for mailbox pwd reset, and new mlbx activation.
The time stamp issue I mentioned: changed my elan IP address from the config wizard and now I'm back on -5 GMT.

Hope that helps

We just re-installed the language disk this past weekend and that fixed our problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back