Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 5.0 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmoogle

Technical User
May 15, 2008
CA
Hey all,

We are having a bit of an issue with our call pilot. We recently upgraded from CP 4.0/PBX 3.0 to CP 5.0/CS1000 7.5.

We had the same intermittant issues before the upgrade but seem to be a bit more common now.

The issues with the CP are as follows:

- message lights are not being lit up when users are on the phone
- messages that are deleted are reappearing in mailboxes a few days later
- message delivery is being delayed (usually not by huge blocks of time; a few hours here and there)

We have referred it to our maintenance provider but thus far, they arent giving much in the way of advice. They have said "its system congestion" which ok, fair enough. Once in awhile? Sure. Consistantly? Not so much.

Just looking for some tips/advice/information. Anything that can help.

Thanks a bunch.

It may help to know what model of CallPilot server you are using, the number of DSPs, voice channels, fax channels, mailboxes, age of server, current SU, etc.

Basically any additional detail you can provide will help people here make a better guess at what your problem may be.

Right. My apologies.

- 1006r
- 36 DSP's
- 96 voice channels
- 0 fax channels
- 8700 out of 8720 mailboxes (yeah I know, we are working on it)
- 2400 hours of storage
- Server is brand new (June 2011) - upgraded from a server that was about 4 years old
- not sure which SU is on there at this time

Thanks for the update.

Assuming the installer was competent, then you should be on SU09.

FWIW, I never assume the installer was competent...

I would have your vendor check your patches on the CallPilot and on the CS1000 to make sure you are running the current Deplist.

Definitely check the patch level. Seems I recently saw a thread somewhere about a memory leak issue on the 600r but cant find it.

Ha. Thanks for the info.

Just got back from our server room (its a 15 minute walk) and we are, in fact, on SU09.

Have you ever checked the Call registers in the switch? Looks like you don't have enough.

Print the PARM datablock in LD 22 and make sure that the NCR is at least 20000, MGCR at least 25 and the CSQI and CSQO are at least 2040. Maybe you even need more than that. I've never installed a CallPilot/CS1000 that large.

You will need to restart the switch if you needed to change the PARM datablock.

Also make sure that you have a current backup of the system BEFORE you change the Call Registers

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back