Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 202i reimage, Error installing Language CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRehm

Systems Engineer
Sep 23, 2020
US
Hello,

I have a call pilot 202i 05.00.41.20 SU11 that I am rebuilding due to hard drive failure with no backup. I can get the call pilot answering calls but with no voice prompts. When I go to install American English off of the language cd downloaded from the FTP of this link,

The installation fails after shutting down CP services. Does anyone know why this would happen.

Error: Could not install language(1033) RC=44191

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Aaron

Hello Aaron

I see that you got the image off my FTP Server. It should work fine. I'm guessing that you used the Call Pilot wizard to navigate to where the CD image was located?.

I think that you can also copy the entire CD and place it on the Call Pilot D Drive as it usually has plenty of space.

You could try and run the wizard again and select that location to see if you get the same error message.

What I have done today is to zip up both Language CD's at 5.0 so that you can try and download it all again. The file name is
CallPilot 5.0 CD Language Image.zip

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the response. I did try it both ways, copied to d:\temp, burned to cd, and also just tried the proper 1033 language folder with appropriate files from CD as well, as referenced here, You are correct, I am running it these installs through the configuration wizard. I will download the zipped versions of the cd's and let you know how it goes. Thanks for everything.

Aaron.

The zip file worked like a charm. Something in the first two ftp downloads of CD 1 of 2 lang1033 must have been corrupted. Thanks a million.

Hello Aaron

The zip file I did was taken from the two CD's that you had already assessed. I think the problem is that there are loads of small files that exist in those folders and as you had mentioned, it just takes one dodgy file download to mess it all up.

Great news that you got it all working again. Remember to schedule a Call Pilot backup to prevent the customer from losing it all again.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back