Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 201i 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Librado

Technical User
Jan 17, 2009
CA
Hello:

Anybody knows the part number of the smaller HDD used for this CP? This is the smaller drive, usually Seagate at 60GB.

My issue is I can't install PEP CPSESPEP010S (ver 2.0). I have "not enough disk space error".

I appreciate any input and thank you very much.

What size are the existing partitions and what version is your CP????

You may have some success by deleting temp files, deleting PEP files that are obsolete, looking for bluescreen dump files (search for anything say greater than 50Mb or are named *.dmp, clean up the desk top (some ppl leave the PEP files on the desk top thus reducing the C drive).

If you are so short of space, have you ensured that you have at least 500Mb of free C drive? Anything less and it starts doing "funny things".

We had issues with low hard drive space (1.27G)on C: You can uninstalled Adobe Acrobat as it is not required. I have a note that a PEP was installed that addressed cleaning up disk space but did not document the PEP#. Also noted concerning the installation of the security PePs is that they are accumulative. We had deinstalled the last one on the system and installed the newest one in it's place. Hope this helps.

Schwartz1....

I remember that PEP, but not really the number. I have a feeling that its big claim to fame was that it moved the swap file from the C to D drives. I actually did that manually before the PEP, and it seems to have no adverse affect on the system performance.

Past moving the swap file though, I do not know what else it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back