Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 201i Modem not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulakeno

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a modem connected to a Call Pilot 201i that stops answering.

Thanks.

GHTROUT,

I have my buttset connected to the us robotics modem and I can hear it ringing when I call line but the modem is not picking up.

Thanks.

If it is a USRobotics Sportster, there is a dip-switch for "AA" (Auto-Answer)

If it is another brand modem, then Auto-Answer may be controlled by an AT or S register command.

Another possibility is the call is coming in on a route that has "Distinctive Ringing" turned on and the Modem does not recognize that ring-cycle as a valid call.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

make sure the dip switch setting are correct,that
being said here are the settings switch 1,2,4,6,7 are
off,and switch 3,5,8 are on.so that is 1,2,4,6,7 are up
and 3,5,8 are down.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Did you try resetting the modem, and if that doesn't work try rebooting Call Pilot. Older (NT Server) versions could need a quick reboot.

I don't use the RAS service on Call Pilot. It's flaky at best. Use the setup that is in the SECC/Symposium books to set up your dial up access. I have never had an issue using this method.

John

another place to check is the device manager and make sure your modem is define and passes the modem query test.

If you have a Rel 5.0 CallPilot which is running on W2003 you have to configure the OS Routing and RAS Service to bring the modem up.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Mike

Just make an advanced network connection. Allow it to "accept incoming calls". this will then take you to the RAS service and you can shut this down. It doesn't matter what version you are running.

Once this is done, go back to advanced connections and set up the connection again. Make sure you allow 'Administrator, NGenDist and NGenSys' to access the connection, set your modem and you should be fine.

I find Service shutting down or stopping a big problem in windows anything, so this network conection bypasses that.

Take a modem right out of the box (if us robotics) no AT commands needed, just plug in and it will work. It rings 3 - 4 times then picks up.

I haven't had an issue with a modem not answering once I set up this way, and this was the preferred method for symposium. I find it easier to use.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back