Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 remotely changing a users password

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsraptor

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
US
Hello,

I'm dialing the AA and entering the CP system manager MB (**102) and the password but I need to reset the password on another user's MB. The sys mngr MB doesn't give me the option to reset someone else's password. Any idea's?

Not possible. You need a Fast RAD, or walk someone through it onsite.

Adversity is Opportunity

I forgot to mention they are using an Option 11C mini with a CP 150 mini. If they had Norstar phones I could walk them through over the phone. With that being said, any other idea's?

I appreciate your help :)

Call Pilot 100 and 150 (now called Messaging 100/150) is for Norstar
Call Pilot and Call Pilot Mini is for PBX

There is no such thing as CP 150 Mini, it would be 150 or a Mini and in your case sounds like a Mini.

You can dial in remotley to a Mini.
Refer to the Modem Access section of the Call Pilot Mini Installation and Maintenance
Guide

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

My bad for giving wrong information. After checking again, it's a Call Pilot 150, software version: 1.50.51. A8=1.5.43 and it is connected to an Opt 11 mini. I will try at another time to get it on the network so I can remote into it that way but for now, I need to reset a VMB pswd ASAP and the on site Customer refuses to learn how to do it. I guess we'll keep billing them.

Thanks a million!

Option 11? you sure?
I have not heard of an Option 11 Mini
I have also not heard of a 150 connecting to an Option 11.
Then again I am not an Option tech.

If this is a Norstar and not an Option 11, regardless you can also dial into the 150 with a modem too however it ties up 3 ports.
So yes the Network, VPN would work best.

CP 150 is now at 3.1, suggest upgrade to them.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

There is an Option 11 Mini, cards go in horizontally, like the CSs. The Call Pilot 150/Mini are the same hardware, just have different software.

Adversity is Opportunity

You guys are going to hate me, lol. Systems: PBX = Option 11 mini. Voice mail: Call Pilot mini (because it connects to a PBX and not a Norstar key system).

Dewyhumbolt, you are right about the horizontal cards in the Opt 11 mini.

Hey guys, don't sweat it anymore today. I have a tech going to the site to change the pswd (as he's done before). I'm going to get the CP on the network so I can just IP into it.

sure appreciate all of your feed back.
Talk to ya next time. Have a great weekend!
PAUL F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back