Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 MINI - How to redirect calls with no mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyMcSnow

Technical User
Jun 29, 2007
US
I have a customer whom their Call Pilot 250 Mini crashed and we replaced the unit. All is working well except for when calls ring to the Call Pilot and there is no mailbox for unused DID Numbers the call callers hear a generic canned greeting. How do I tell the system to route the calls to the General Delivery Mailbox?
Do I need to build up an AA or build a mailbox for each of the unused DID Numbbers?
Example: Calls for any of the extensions goto the voicemail boxes if not answered. Ext 501 goes to mailbox 501, etc.
However, calls for the main number (x500) ring and then get a canned greeting. Note: There is no ext 500 as the DID rings on ext 501. and the same for all other usused DID numbers.
I just cannot get the unused DID numbers to go anywhere.

Choices are DID's point to reception or AA or a mailbox, or have the carrier De-activate (if not going to be used for awhile) as it costs them monthly.

If going to a mailbox there is a setting when building the mailbox called Express Messaging Line, enter the target line/trunk.
When a human takes over the mailbox remove the line.
Bets to use info mailbox then convert to subscriber when need.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Had to create a home path for the CCR Tree. Then route the calls accordingly. The unassigned DIDs then route to the General Mailbox if nothing is dialed.
Thanks for the input Curlycord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back