Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 150 IP number

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathbus

Technical User
Dec 4, 2001
US
I have a call pilot IP entry which is all alpha characters ending in .net. I changed it to an IP with just numbers but when I went back to look at it, it had changed to another string of alpha characters. There is a reset option next to the IP listing to reset something back to default. What will that button change and will it then display the numerical IP number?

I take it you rebooted after the IP change?

The Reset button will change it back to default of 192.168.110.10
Try it....regardless of what you see on the screen.
Then with a cross over cable change your laptop IP address to 192.168.110.11 and see if it will connect to 192.168.110.10

You can also check to see what the IP shows as or change it via Putty or Hyper Terminal and the Serial cable.
See the Norstar forum under FAQ's for more details on connecting to devices.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks for the feedback. Will using the reset button change anything other than the IP number? The system is still in service and I do not want to have reprogram any of the mailboxes.

To be sure on that page click HELP and it will give you a description for each item on that page.
You can also double check the Setup & Operation Guide.

To Factory Default it is called a Reinstall.

Also clicking the button will probably give you a warning then a choice to proceed.

Also if you are mucking about then you should also be doing a backup of the Callpilot while your connected so you wont have to worry.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

The IP address has been changed. Thanks to those of you who contributed to the solution. The following is what I did and what you would expect to see or do to make a CP IP change. Nothing special this time, it just worked.

Using the standard serial port data observation at reboot I found the IP address for the unit. I then changed my computer to an IP one off the CP IP address I was able to access CP admin using my cross over cable. I then changed to a straight through cable plugged into the switch and set my computer for DHCP. I then connected the CP to the switch. I then worked with the IT guy to change the CP IP to one of his choosing and everything worked. I did not see the Host name pop up in the CP change IP screen this time so all is well.

That works too and is a backup method but some have reported corruption doing it that way but I have never had any.
But I am so very curious as to why did you not not just click the reset button to put it back to the default IP then change it from there?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back