Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 database defaulting on it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWSr

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
US
Would anyone know what would cause a Call Pilot 150 database to default back to an "as new" state, wiping all programming, without being prompted to do so?

That is what I was thinking. Or power outage. Try placing this on a UPS if it not already.

Better yet what happens when you unplug it and plug it back in after getting it working?

That is what I thought - but it is on a UPS. The phone system, and UPS, are less than 2 years old. We have an APC Smart-UPS XL1500VA with a SUM48RMXLBP2U add on battery. I would think that would be enough to protect and power a MICS, 7 0X16 and 4 0X8A station mods, CP150, SMDR, RAD, and music on hold player for about 8 hours.

We pulled power and rebooted with no change. All four ports come up and it goes on line. No trouble accessing the CP thru RAD or on site. F983 gives a PWD: instead of LOG: indicating it has defaulted. When the initialize password is entered after F983, it gives the bilingual option. Another indication the database is wiped.

I'd just like to find out what caused this before I reload the database only to have it happen again. Any other thoughts?

We have about 20 Call Pilot 150s in the field and I have had this problem a few times even with UPSs etc. Nortel says it is not an issue and that we are the only ones experiencing the problem.

I also have the same issue when trying to perform back-ups. Nortel again says we are the problem. I have tried back-ups over the network and with a cross over cable. Every once in a while one will default during the process with no reason why. The issue is bad enough that we have stopped backing the systems up and just keep good records for rebuilding them.

Our systems have Auto Atendant, Voice Mail, ACD and ACD reporting so they are quite a handfull to put back together. I hate to say it but the sooner we move off of the platform the better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back