Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 150: AA answering with strange message

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONMAN

Vendor
Apr 26, 2002
US
CP150 on ICS 6.0 this setup has been in service for about 2 months and about 2 weeks ago it started answering incoming calls with this message "cannot continue with this session, goodbye" and then disconnects. If I or the customer reset the CP by powering down for about 30 sec. When it comes back up it answers with the proper AA greeting and works fine any where from 1 day to a week. Using Norstar interface & CCR enabled. Any ideas/ help would be appreciated?

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

CHANGE CALL PILOT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Sounds like something funky is set up in the ccr tree. Check the tree for outbound transfers, if there is a need for outbound transfer make sure lines are set to super or outbound call will not go through.

Also could be a user with external call forward enabled, that has the lines appear and ring.

Thanks phoneguy I'll check, some are set for message notification but you never can tell if the users have changed something.

Phonmancps@comcast.net
SMalcolm
CustomPrewire in K.C.

Are we talking CICS or MICS?

PRI by any chance?

If yes, you're software must be upgraded to 6.1, rls 3 or higher before you can even begin any serious trouble shooting on a problem like that. PRI with software below 6.1 does crazy things to Call Pilot!

If not, you might want to verify that your General Delivery mailbox is being monitored and emptied on a regular basis and that the users aren't gobbling up all of your available storage time by hoarding old messages. I think I'd also make sure there weren't any full or obsolete mailboxes in there either.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back