Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExContel

Vendor
Jan 27, 2010
US
I have a customer whose CP 100 was put on their local computer network for a user who is no longer there. I could not access the CP 100 with my laptop like I always do, what are the proper steps to
access this CP 100 through a laptop. Please give very detailed, I am an old school phone man not one the younger bright generation with computing skills.

I should add that the CP100 was put on the network, this means anyone can access it if they now the IP and login info.

So this is incorrect: for a user who is no longer there.

If there PC is still up and running they might have a shortcut to the Call pilot, right click it and properties to see the IP address then use that at somebody else;s work station.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

First off do you know the ip address of the CP 100? It comes with a default ip of 192.168.110.10 If it's still that you can connect your laptop to it via a ethernet cable. You can change the ip of your laptop to something in the same range i.e. 192.168.110.11 then lauch IE and see if you can hit it. Good Luck

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

if you can't find the ip address you will need to connect with the 9 pin rs 232 port and find/ change the ip address

mike

if you are using a newer laptop and do not have RS 232 connection you can purchase rs 232 to USB, the rs 232 to Ethernet connector does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back