Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL PILOT 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

adip257

Technical User
Jan 25, 2008
US
I'M FAMALIAR WITH CP1.07. I'VE BEEN ASKED TO INSTALL CP100 AT A REMOTE SITE ON A NORSTAR CICS WHICH I'M TRAINED ON. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS. IS IT SIMILAIR TO CP ON AN OPTION 81C? THANKS

I never worked on a CP on the Option but it is all GUI interface and pretty straight forward so i would say that you shouldn't have many issues

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Connect 2 ext's (usually the last 2 available) to ports A&B on the CP. Power up, wait about 5 minutes, then on a M7310 or better set, press f983, and enter the config password. Follow through the options to initialize the vm.

You'll get a choice of what interface to give the users in COS. Choices are NVM, or Call Pilot. I suggest using the one your most use to, so you don't look stupid when the hot recpt. asks you to copy a message out of General Delivery.

no they are not the same, but with the CD it is pretty easy since you are familar with the larger system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back