Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 UM 5.0/Windows 8.1 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetKC

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
I have a customer who wants to use UM on their CP100,but all their workstations are running Windows 8.1. Does anyone know if this will work? Thanks!

Yes it should, but it is difficult to obtain the latest Call Pilot Desktop Messaging 5.1 software

If you have access to Avaya PLDS support downloads you can go into the Downloads, look for Business Communications Manager, set your release to 6.0 and download the CallPilotDesktopMessaging-126 package or the x64 version if you have installed the x64 edition of Outlook (rare). You can extract the linux RPM file to find the embedded windows installer using 7zip which would give you the latest version of the desktop messaging software.
P7hAsAx.png

Screenshot of the PLDS downloads you would be looking for.

verinfo_32.txt
CallPilot 5.1
Desktop Messaging
13:17

===============================================================================================
Supported Environments
===============================================================================================

This section contains supported environments for this desktop client
version: Groupware types and versions, Operating Systems, and CallPilot
server releases.

Groupware Email Clients:
--------------------------------------
Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP)
Microsoft Outlook 2003
Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2010 32 bit
Microsoft Outlook 2013 32 bit
Lotus Notes - 6.0.5 (Build 196)
Lotus Notes - 6.5 (Build 191 to 199)
Lotus Notes - 7.0 (Build 250 to 259)
Lotus Notes - 8.0 (Build 307 to 323)
Lotus Notes - 8.5 (Build 359 to 368)
GroupWise - 6.5
GroupWise - 7.0
GroupWise - 8.0
GroupWise 2012 SP1

Internet Mail Clients:
-----------------------------
Microsoft Outlook Express - 6.0
Windows Vista Mail
Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) (Internet Mail Mode)
Microsoft Outlook 2003 (Internet Mail Mode)
Microsoft Outlook 2007 (Internet Mail Mode)
Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Internet Mail Mode)
Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Internet Mail Mode)

Thin Clients:
------------------
Citrix MetaFrame XP on Windows 2000 Server / Windows 2003 Server (All Editions)
Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 on Windows 2003 Server (All Editions)
Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0 on Windows 2003 Server (All Editions)
Citrix XenApp 6.0 on Windows 2008 R2 server

Client Operating Systems:
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Windows Vista
Windows Vista x64 Edition
Windows 7
Windows 7 x64 Edition
Windows 8
Windows 8 x64 Edition

CallPilot Servers:
--------------------------
CallPilot 2.50
CallPilot 3.0
CallPilot 4.0
CallPilot 5.0
CallPilot 5.1

Last tested version of Groupware Client

This section contains the version of the Groupware client that CallPilot Desktop Client was
last tested against:

Groupware Email Clients:
Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP2 (XP)
Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP1
Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2010 32 bit
Microsoft Outlook 2013 32 bit
Lotus Notes - 6.0.5
Lotus Notes - 6.5.4FP2
Lotus Notes - 7.0.1
Lotus Notes - 8.0.2
Lotus Notes - 8.5.3
GroupWise - 6.5.4
GroupWise - 7.0.1
GroupWise - 7.0.2 (Not fully tested)
GroupWise - 8.0.0
GroupWise 2012 SP1

One last point. If you are trying to use Outlook 2013 and it's not a volume license package it may not work as Microsoft has packaged most other versions of Office 2013 with their Click to Run installer that often breaks third party Outlook plugins.

Thanks ... Do you or anyone else have any clients working with Windows 8.1/ Outlook 13"? I know Avaya will no longer support the app on a MICS or CP100 so we are limited on support. I have the old 5.0 UM on CD that came out many years ago I used to use on XP,worked great with Exchange. Just hesitant to promise customer success without confirmation.

Just realized I posted this in BCM... Not Norstar, this is a MICS/CP 100 issue

I have only used it to extract voice mail data from the call pilot. Nobody actually using it on a day to day basis so I cannot encourage you make any promises. It's not a supported system so anything you get working is a hack at best. I would tell a client I guarantee it will break the very second I leave the office and every day it keeps going beyond this is a small miracle.

Anyone with an older system tends to only want the basics out of it. Anyone who demanded fancy features like this likely is already running a new VOIP PBX or have just gone to hosted VOIP systems depending on their situation. I'm wondering if Microsoft puts full voice hosting of Lync into Office365 if I won't see a large number of small and medium sized offices simply move over to having their phone system hosted along with their email. If Lync server were better at multi-tenant hosting it likely would already be in the O365 offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back