Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 "Inactive Feature"

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanyed02

Programmer
May 30, 2008
US
I would have added to older posts, but threads were closed... So here are the specifics:

Call Pilot 100 recently went down. Arrived onsite to troubleshoot, Feature 985(and all VM codes) stating "Inactive Feature". I check under Maintenance, and see that the ports(PO131, and PO132) are recognized as stlk1... I replace power supply with new Nortel 8V, 2-prong model, per suggestions on here. Unit seems to power up, but still "Inactive Feature". I do F**XFTEST, and all features are listed as inactive. Do I remove all these features, and reboot the CallPilot 100? Will this sync with system? KSU is a MICS running 7.1 software. Any help greatly appreciated. I currently have the older 9V power supply(re-furb) being shipped to try and replace with that. Am I better to just replace entire voicemail and start over? Does the newer 8V work properly on the older call Pilots?
Thanks for any suggestions.

The 8 volt (works on all CP's) replaces the 9 volt so dont go with another 9 volt unless for testing only.

Remove the codes then turn CP on, wait 10 minutes for boot up.

Hooking up a laptop with hyper terminal then boot CP helps tell a story too.

Hyper :

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

@ Curly...

I am beginning to think the CP100 is fried... I removed all the Feature 900 codes(**XFTEST, indicated as "inactive"), installed the new 8V power supply, hooked up a laptop to the CP and monitored the process... According to Hyperterminal, the CP boots up, goes through all the tests, and gives me a **** READY **** indication at the end. But that is as far as I can get. I wait the 10-15 minute period, and check Feature 985, "inactive". I go to Feature **XFTEST, and it says No Codes... Am I missing something? The CP just keeps rebooting after 120 seconds. I've got a CP150 on it's way, with new software and 40 MB's, just in case. Any info would be helpful, if not to save this CP100, for future reference...

Thanks, again.

From what the CP is doing, it sounds like it's not connecting with the KSU -- the 120-second reboot cycle is what they do when they can't see a KSU. If a new power adapter doesn't fix it, I think you're right about the CP being fried.

Agreed
Also if I recall when the IP address is changed on the Network so the CP cant get on the Network using the old IP address it has programmed , you would unplug the network patch cord in this case and/or change the IP address if need.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back