Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 Programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keytel

Vendor
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hi Everybody,

I consider myself proficient in telephone and voicemail programming and can program many voicemail systems with my eyes closed. However when it comes to the Norstar CallPilot, I someimes want to cry when trying to program them. I have only done a few in my time, partly because I do my best to avoid them. Norstar Phone systemwise I can negotiate the programming pretty well.

My basic question is does anyone else find Norstar Voicemail manuals very wordy and make it hard to decipher the logic behind their programnming steps. Would love to get my hands perhaps on a cheatsheet or something that breaks it all down into simpler steps. Your comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

Good luck with that. Nortel, even though they make great product, is not helpful at all when it comes to programming guides for there key systems. Most of them tend to be extremely drawn out and most of the time no help at all. But I wouldn't recommend another product to anyone. Try using the Help feature when you have accessed the Call Pilot Manager. Sometimes the explanations in there can be helpful to understanding what is going on.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I too avoid these systems like the plague. I ususually end up calling a Norstar tech and asking him what they call the feature I am looking for in the Norstar/BCM (bowels continuously move)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back