Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 Off-Premise Notification not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneaway11

Technical User
Apr 23, 2014
CA
Hello,

I was hoping this community would be able to help me solve my issue. I have no technical background and I'm trying to figure out how to fix this issue.

The phone is a Nortel T7316E and we use a CallPilot 100 system. The off-premise notification for this extension has stopped working. I went into the phone's mailbox and I set the notification method to "Phone", the number to "1-XXX-XXX-XXXX (Do I need a 9 in front to dial out first?)" and the start and stop times from 12:00am - 11:59pm since the user is in and out of the office all day so I want every call to get forwarded to his cellphone. Finally, Off-Premise notification is in fact enabled.

From the Mailbox admin panel that I get on through my phone, his extension is setup like this:
Service Class: 1
Directory: Y
MSG Waiting: Y
Outdial: Line
Line: 1
Alt1 Ext: (none)
Auto Logon: N
MSG Line: (none)
Xfers: blind

Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing? He keeps telling me that it's shutdown before and there's a simple fix to it but I have been googling around and can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. We have 2 lines in total if that helps at all.

Thanks very much for reading and for any tips.

Do you see it try to grab a line out by looking at the phone?
Need to know if the problem is trying to grab a line or a problem dialing a number.

Its told to use line 1.....maybe an issue with line 1.
Not sure why you are telling it to only use line 1?

Normally lines are put into a pool (Example pool A)
You give a telephone access to the pool A
You make access code 9 for pool A
Now you can Intercom 9 and dial out using line 2, if line 2 is busy it will jump to line 1 automatically.
The same would go for voice mail's ext (F985 to see)

Vmail pools use numbers instead of letters so Pool A in KSU would be Pool 1 in vmail programming.

Outdial: Pool

You shouldn't need the 9

Also make sure in Class Of Service that COS 1 is allowed Off Prem or use another COS.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

It was working then it quit? Have you rebooted the Call Pilot?
Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced 5000 NuPoint I&M MiCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back