Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 100 crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelalberta

Vendor
Aug 19, 2017
CA
Customer recently had a new call pilot 100 version 6.1 installed on a cics. It's powered by a ups. Twice now it's lost all its programming and had to be reset up from scratch. This last time there was a power outage for about 2 hours, but that and the phone system are on the same ups, and the time for the phones is still correct. I've tryed unplugging the ups from 120volt power and it continues to power the phone and voicemail, also set up one mailbox on the callpilot and unplugged it from power for a few minutes, plugged it back in to make sure it held its memory for the mailbox I installed. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I've searched through the forum and seen some people thing power problems, another said compact flash adapter sleeve. Has anyone had this problem and repaired it?

I doubt it was new and you probably meant 3.1 software as that was the last and highest version.
The power supply should be 8 volts and not the discontinued 9 volt.

In most cases it was the cabinet, the capacitor (33uF) is no longer working right to hold the memory and new one needs to be re-soldered on.
You could try replacing the PS or the sleeve (never heard of a sleeve causing issue).

See this post:

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

most often to PS is bad. But if you are losing programming it's a cabinet issue.

Marv ccna

I've had a bad sleeve before in a Call Pilot that would lose programming when unplugged. However mine would do it every time so not sure why yours may be holding sometimes and not other times. The sleeves are super cheap (couple bucks online, less than $10 in stores) and can be bought just about anywhere. Might be worth a shot.

I changed the power supply and haven't had any problems since. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back