Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 3.1 on MICS Desktop Messaging Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveybc

Technical User
May 29, 2002
CA
Again, I am in the realm of network computing rather than the phone system side of things so I would like to confirm in brief the process for install Desktop Messaging for a Call Pilot 100 3.1 on MICS 7.1 KSU. The customer has purchased a 4 seat authorization and the keycode is loaded. The customer is already networked to the Call Pilot via a switch. I presume now that we can simply run the Desktop Messaging software on each computer that we want to run the application (up to 4 separate computer users). During the install, the IP will be set to CP 100 IP that the customer has already set up (i believe they changed it from the default IP 192.168.110.10). The additional settings requested during set up need to be provided by the customer correct? ie. SMTP/VPIM prefix. Once this is complete, I also assume the customer network guy will have to tweak the email program of choice...Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for?

All you need is the IP of the Call pilot and what the mailBox is for the Phone where the PC is.The other stuff leave blank.

Great, thanks for the clarification. However, as it turns out the customer purchased the Desktop Messaging believing it could get messages sent to their blackberries. Now I would like to confirm that this cannot be done with the Call Pilot version 3.1 and MICS that they have. It is my understanding that the customer would require Call Pilot ver. 5.0 or 6.0 in order to have the feature Message Rule Forwarding....which in turn enables the messages to be forwarded to the blackberry tel. set. Given what I've read, the blackberry tel. set should be able to play audio messages (.wav files) provided they have the lastest software and someone mentioned Blackberry Enterprise Server in another thread. Anyhow, I want to confirm that it is not possible for this customer to have their voice mail messages go from their desktop to their blackberry. Has anyone set this up....I really think any customers inquiring about Desktop Messaging/Unified Messaging are looking for this exact feature....messages forward to blackberry cell phone and play audio message. If someone out there has done this successfully, even with a BCM Call Pilot, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Great, thanks for the clarification. However, as it turns out the customer purchased the Desktop Messaging believing it could get messages sent to their blackberries. Now I would like to confirm that this cannot be done with the Call Pilot version 3.1 and MICS that they have. It is my understanding that the customer would require Call Pilot ver. 5.0 or 6.0 in order to have the feature Message Rule Forwarding....which in turn enables the messages to be forwarded to the blackberry tel. set. Given what I've read, the blackberry tel. set should be able to play audio messages (.wav files) provided they have the lastest software and someone mentioned Blackberry Enterprise Server in another thread. Anyhow, I want to confirm that it is not possible for this customer to have their voice mail messages go from their desktop to their blackberry, unless someone. Has anyone set this up....I really think any customers inquiring about Desktop Messaging/Unified Messaging are looking for this exact feature....messages forward to blackberry cell phone and play audio message. If someone out there has done this successfully, even with a BCM Call Pilot, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

This as far as I know is not supported on the CP 100/150 due to the fact the files are .vbk.
Since you need call pilot player (desktop messaging) installed on the PC to play it you then would need something similar install on a blackberry.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Is there any way for the customer to receive notifications to their blackberries while they were on the road that they had voicemails waiting?

As well, can the customer still have some way to listen to their voice mails using Outlook Web Access while at their own homes (presuming they have an audio player installed on their home computer)? The Desktop Messaging software would be installed on their office computer so I am guessing no....as I presume you have to log on via Desktop Messaging and enter your voice mailbox and password before the messages are sent to your inbox. If someone could clarify, I would love to offer some option to the customer even if it is just a way to notify them of messages waiting. If not, I better tell them to buy a BCM Call Pilot.....

Check out SupportDudes response in the Norstar forum:

I may just try this at home myself as I have been waiting for a version to allow it.

For home use VPN or Webmail perhaps.
Maybe RDP might work, Remote Desktop Protocal from Windows or VNC etc.

BCM is pretty much the same software as the CP100/150

Its the PBX version of Call Pilot that has all this Blackberry funtionality already.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I am having the same issues as Daveybc, I want messages to go to inbox of outlook instead of seperate call pilot folder.
once it is in the main inbox my Outlook then sends email to
my blackberry. Playing it is another issue but I can't even get it to send e mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back