Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100/150 Shared Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

shackbill

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2017
US
i am trying to add a mailbox for a new user who is sharing a phone extension with another user but whenever i attempt to add the extension, i get an error saying that extension is already in use. I thought we used to do this some years ago but i cant remember if there is a setting i am missing. We have 2 spare mailbox licenses allowed. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

You cannot have two mailboxes on one phone.

So DN 32 probably has Mailbox 32

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I forgot to add the workaround.

Let's say you have an unused port on the phone system...say Ext 40
Put an Answer DN key on DN 32 to Answer 40 as Appear and Ring
On DN 40 make the Forward No Answer ring count one shorter that that of 32.
Then setup Off Premise notify to call the new users Cell or DN 40.
This will notify them they have a new message and can check it on the spot.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

hey Curlycord thanks for getting back so quickly. No not CICS. It is being used with Nortel Norstar {i cant remember the model but really old . ~ 2005} I am thinking your workaround was why we USED TO be able to do it. We no longer have any unused extensions. Thanks.

oh.. good thought. I will try that thanks.

ok i was able to create the mailbox (27) by unchecking Display in Directory and Enable Message Waiting (and leaving Extension empty of course) but i am not sure how to use Off Prem Notify? When the receptionist gets a call, do they just normally transfer to 27? And then she can get her VM from any phoneset?

No
She needs to make an exception and transfer straight into the mailbox like she does when anyone else is not in office.
Unless she was not trained to do so and everyone has to deal with the rings....

F983 <program a button for that)
Enter Mailbox Number from the dialpad
Hang up or press Rls.

As for Off Prem best to forward to the persons mobile.
You need to Allow it in Admin (F983)or Browser - Outdial - Pool and 1
When in mailbox (F981) press Admin then 6 to set it up.
All in the guide for more on that.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Reception screens all calls. Then transfers to the extension (or vm) as required. So there is no rule or action that can send someone directly to that extension.

So there is no rule or action that can send someone directly to that extension."

Not sure if that was a question but if somebody calls for new employee they can page new employee line 1 or transfer to the mailbox using F983.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

no that was a comment. Ok i will try that if they can be transferred to vm. ALl incoming calls are manually transferred to vm if the intended recipient is not there or are in session and cant be disturbed. thanks for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back