Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrbob

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
Problem no 2 found a user handbook so customer could use call pickup said to pick up call ringing to
dialtone #80 then ext ringing ( it's is the console ext 0 ),all it does is tells the console station is calling, and it wants to ring back the station that was trying to pick up line ringing

found 1 station that had pick up button ,but it did the same, would not pick up the line ringing in (pick up 0 )

Ok, firstly what is '0'? Is it a Keyset, a Hunt Group, a Boss Group?? Check NPL to find out. I suspect '0' is not Keyset and therefore you won't be able to pick it up. '0' for the operator is usually a Hunt/Boss Group which has a member Keyset eg 201

Secondly, what is '#80'? Check NPL. It'll be a Feature but what Index? I can't remember all the codes/Indexes off the top of my head so you might need to check the manual to find out the meaning of the Index. There's 2 types of pickup - group and directed. If #80 is a group pickup have you created a pickup group with the required members? See PICK for that. If it's directed pickup you'll need to dial #80 followed by the xtn number - see my first point regarding what '0' is. You cannot pickup a hunt group, you must pickup the member eg 201.

Under the date & time in the display on the console it shows 0 0 where on another display set it showed 319 which was that station #

in the user guide for call pick up it showed #81 for group
& 80 for direct

so how do i find the station # for the console, which now shows 0

Call pickup directed is either #180 or 77
Call pickup group is either #181 or 76
Call pickup Night bell is #192 or 78

By default programming of course. If you call from the console to another phone, does it show 0 or some other number. More than likely the name on the phone which gets you no where. The best way to tell is in the NPL.

When i get back there tomorrow I'll try those code that you gave , the console is down now , I believe & hope ,the other display set can be used for the console.

the NPL is the programing ?

Sounds like the both the xtn num and the name of that phone is '0'. So directed pickup should work. If it's not then it sounds like you're dialling the wrong code. realtaylor has listed the default codes but if they're not working then the NPL has been altered. You'll need to check the manual to find the Index for the pickup features and check the NPL for them to work out what the correct code you should be dialling is.

Thanks all, I'll see what happens when I get back there tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back