Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pickup and Companion System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleledford

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2002
US
We have the companion system set up in our location. I was wondering is there any was to setup the system to allow call pickup from any extension... for example I am in a larger lab or room.. I know the extension that is being called.. dial the code on the companion and enter the extension# that is ringing.. We already have call groups set up in different areas.. I am looking to be able to pick up any extension in the building when it is ringing..

Just curious

ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PUT EVERYBODY IN THE SAME PICK GROUP, ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS IS YOU WON'T KNOW WHO YOUR PICKING.
A PHONE COULD BE RINGING IN A FAR PART OF THE BUILDING AND YOU WOULD PICK IT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Yes, there's a way. It's called CALL PICKUP DIRECTED. The set to be picked up should be a member of a pickup group, but not necessarily with your group. Consult your NTP's for further instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back