Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pickup - 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibarge

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
Newbie here who has recently had some admin training, but still finding my way around the system.
So here we go … I have a 3300 and I’m trying to configure Call Pickup for each of our small departments. I have created groups and assigned the relevant ext’s number’s into these groups checked the COS assigned to each handset to ensure that it has “Call Pickup Dialled” is set to yes.
I then make a call to ext1 and if use ext2 to try and pick the call up using the feature code *53, I’m unable to and I get unobtainable tone on the handset.
I have checked the help files, and I appear to have my system configured correctly yet obviously something is not quite right somewhere, so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Nigel
P.S. I should have said from the start that I’m trying to do this with the 5302 handsets.

5302 sets are SIP handsets and may not have access to the full feature set of a MiNet phone.

I can't find a X-ref to verify this but it's a good place to start.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I have a 3000 feature matrix, that shows a 5302 capable of performing call pickup.

Then its either something so obvious that we are both missing it or so obscure we will never figure it out.

Hopefully someone has got this working and can shed some light. I don't have 5302's to play with.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Do the phones have the same interconnect assignment? If not, are those numbers restricted from each other in any way?

I find with the 5302 SIP sets that there is a delay in processing the digits you dialed. This is directly related to Interdigit timer in the COS of the set. If that timer is set to the default time, that would be 10 seconds.

Try dialing *53 followed by a #. The # signals end of dialing. You may need that # when making other calls as well.

Other than that, you may have to report a bug.

My Interconnect Restriction table is blank, so my assumption here is that all sets can communicate with each other ... is this not the case.

Tried ending the dial string with a # and the outcome is the same, call is not picked up and I get unobtainable tone.

Why not try turning on the Auto answer option in the pickup group assignment form for the group these sets are included in. Then you just have to lift the handset. If this works, then the problem is the SIP phones dialing that code. If it doesn't work, then.........

Are you sure *53 is your FAC? I ask because I have been caught making errors like that.

I don't know a lot about the SIP device capabilities assignment options, maybe there is something in there that is hindering you.

Call pick-up will not work on the 5302 set, problem has been reported to Mitel. Try using call pick up directed (FAC + extn) & it will work, this is the only way of getting call pick up to work on these sets.

FYI - If you are doing the directed option rather than group, you have to enable that in the COS.

thank you UKMitel - that solution works. So I guess it's a case of waiting for Mitel to release a fix.

Once again, thank you.

call pickup doesn't work only if the call was transferred from another extension if I recall??
UR 5 would have fixed all these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back