Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pick up group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsanchez90

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
AR
Hello,

I need to know how does the call pick up feature works in the Cisco Call Manager, matching a requested feature.

The important thing that I need to know is if the call is displayed in the other phones within the call pick up group.

An example of the requested feature is the following: when there is a phone call to number 123 from the number 202 and the phone is ringing, the person in the phone 155 (that is in the same group as 123) needs to be able to see in his own phone display that there is a call from 200 to 123 and should be able to pick it up.

Thanks a lot.

Call pickup doesn't work that way. Sounds like using shared lines (maybe a secondary line on all the phones in your group) would work better; with shared lines, you can see active calls, and using the Barge feature, can barge in on an existing call or pick up the call.

TMH

Anyone has try this feature with CCME ??? I cant make it work.

Thx

Thanks for your response jerake75. In the case of using a shared line the call should be done to the phone DN associated to the shared line that is the same in every phone that shares the line and not to the DN of each user, right?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Julio

Yes, that is correct. The call should go to the secondary DN that is shared on each phone in your group. So, if you have a phone with the primary DN of 2222 and a secondary DN of 3333 which appears on multiple phones (shared), then all calls you want multiple ppl to pick up should go to 3333.

TMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back