Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call park

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMilden

Vendor
Oct 21, 2005
US
Customer running ShoreTel 14.2 Build 19.41.5003.0 and IP485 phones. Customer uses park and page all the time. They usually just park a call on the users extension the call is for. Usually after the receptionist parks a call, the call clears from the button on her phone and only rings back to her after the timeout clears and the other person didn't answer. Sometimes this doesn't happen. Sometimes when the call is parked to another users phone the parked call doesn't clear from the reception phone. She actually goes to the phone she parked the call to make sure it was answered then she picks it back up on her phone but there isn't anybody there so she hangs up and it clears. This happens randomly and I haven't been able to recreate it. Anybody else experience this?

I haven't seen this specifically, but I have seen similiar issues like this with other screen "ghosts". It had to do with the IPDS and IPDT servvices that control the phone displays. The phone, switch and server all have to think the phone is in a certain state. I have restarted the service on the server and it usually fixed the issue.

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted everything, server and the 90 but the problem still remains.

Are your SG switches and server on the same network, if they are on different networks do you have any ACL's that might be blocking the signaling traffic? I know that is a reach and since it's intermittent not likely. Just a thought. Also, do you remember when you upgraded to 14.2 did you do the U-boot code upgrade on the SG switch? Just trying to think of any off the wall stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back