Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call park ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyPPW

Vendor
Dec 13, 2005
US
Does anyone have short codes that make call park work? I want to hold or park a call and retrieve at another station on the SOHO. I had it working once, made some changes to the system, now I can't get it to work again.
Thanx,

The help documents describe call park activation using a shortcode, then also a parking spot assignment. That made it a little too complicated for me, so I tried it without the specific locations. One parked call at a time is enough for our small system.

Works great.

Just pick the codes you want to tuse, we used *74 to park, and *75 to retrieve. The shortcode prorgamming looks like this:

*74 Parkcall
*75 Ridecall

Or try this....

Shortcode **1
Telephone 1
Line Group 0
Feature ParkCall

Hence to park a call, press hold, then **1. This will park a call on location 1.

Shortcode ##1
Telephone 1
Line Group 0
Feature RideCall

Too easy!

Programming a CallPark button on a 54XX handset will automaticaly allocate a park bay number when pressed (this will be the Extn Number followed by 0-9 depending on how many calls are parked).
these can be retrived using *38*<id># from any phone, or if you weish it to be simpler add the following short code

SC 2XXX
TN .
Feature RideCall

(assuming extns in the 201+ range)

now to pick up th call simmply dial the park bay number generated by the system.

if you are not using 9 for a line it is a good idea to increasse the dial delay count from 4 to 5 to prevent number clash problems on OG calls.

You could program a button on the phone for "call park" with like 1 as the number, this would park the call on "1" so you could dial just the feature access to pick the call up with 1# afterwards instead of ext, etc.

Also, if you put the same button on all the phones, with the "call park" "1" then others can see when a call is parked and pick it up just by pressing the park button.

I used a combo of routermad and IPGuru suggestions and it worked out well.

shortcode ##N#
telephone N
line group 0
feature ride call

created park slot buttons on operator phone. 0-10
and put park buttons on eveyone elses phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back