Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park 3CX and Grandstream extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okkie26

Vendor
Sep 23, 2010
CA
Guys,

Allen,

I am quite new to the NEC 3CX platform, and actually I have already left the telephony business, but I am having a problem with the telephony system at my new employer. I have 22 years of telecom, and 15 years of IP Office experience. So telephony and SIP knowledge is there.

The problem problem is, is that parking and then picking up calls again is not going well. You can answer a call, and then also park it. But the first problem is that not all phones display the parked call under the park button. On the phones that do, picking up the call does not go well either. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, other times you pick up the call, but there is one-sided audio, and sometimes it works fine.
Then there is then also the problem that the devices on which the parked call is displayed, the lights sometimes stay on. Even after the call is disconnected altogether.

I suspect there is a network problem, but it is not under my control (yet), but it is a flat setup. All the phones and the 3CX are in 1 subnet. There are no PCs behind the (Grandstream 2615) devices. QOS would be set up.

But can anyone get me started on creating a neat SIP trace on both the 3CX server (on-prem) and on the Grandstream 2615 devices?
I do see that I can create a syslog of the Grandstream devices, but I find the reporting from it to be rather crude, and I can't really filter for SIP packets either.

Is there a better syslog viewer available for this (I currently use the Audiocodes syslog viewer)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Okay thanks,

As mentioned, I'm bit new in the 3CX.

I've done about 70 but never had the types of problems you are having!

Just a heads up, I recently (about two weeks ago) had a job where a phone could put calls on park using a shared parking key, and could see calls that were parked but couldn't pick them up. I factory reset the phone and all worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back