Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2005
US
I'm wanting to configure our Nortel Opt. 11c so my users can us it as a paging system. The phones are Nortel 3902-4's. In the user guide for these phones it says:

To connect to the Call Page allows you to make an announcement over the page system. To make a page call, dial the page trunk access code.

What is the page trunk access code? Is this the same as the group number in the DIG settings? Thanks for your help!

you can use dig analog port for access or an analog port with an ext number, that is station level paging. most techs use a cot type analog trunk for page because of the extra control from timers. if your trying to area page through the sets, that doesn't work in this pbx. a key system allows that, but larger switches don't have a power supply large enough for the 1000's of phones that they support. i wish i had a power supply that would push speakers in my 4000 digital sets. fyi a auto style amp that claims 6000 watts, might be if it draws 500 amps. 12 v times 500 would = 6000 watts.. now add the r of a few 100 miles of 22 gauge..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've never seen paging done over a phone set, but after reading some questions and answers here I am assuming it can be done. If this is so tell me about it.

As John stated, it can not be done on the Nortel PBX. You need to install a 3rd party paging system, such as Valcom Page System with overhead speakers/horns.

read closer, two types of area page, line side and trunk side. paging through the phones (key style) CAN'T be done. the 1st time i installed paging trunks in an nortel pbx to a valcom paging system was 1978. when i worked vegas some of the area paging had 1000's of speakers and dozens of zones each with over rides, all page over rides. THE QUESTION WAS USING THE SYSTEM AS A PAGE SYSTEM. sorry but i am not a newbie or management..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back