Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call me troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class26

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
US
Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Here is our problem. A few weeks ago we noticed our MWI was not working properly, we found that our servers were also interchanging every hour or two as well. We found and fixed a network problem that seemed to be causing the issue with the servers. Also, MM was reset. Everything seemed to be fine. Avaya, of course, suggested we get everything up to date patch wise. So we applied service pack 9 and the patch to the MM system.

Now we are having a problem with the call me server. The monitor log shows the system tried to make the outcall but always shows no answer.

Is there any way I can watch the call being made and see if there is a problem?

It is v3.1 --- 1 MSS and 5 MAS its now running service pack 9

Obviously I am not as advanced as many of you guys so if there is more info I need to provide just let me know.

Also, I believe we are still unable to get notify me to work in contacting a pager. It worked previously as set up but now is not.

The only way to see anything is to use the OHV in live mode to see if the call is being made. You may also want to do a list trace on the TAC to see what is happening on the trunk group.

It also sounds like your network issue that was fixed has somehow stopped your notify as it is sent as an email.

Look in the SMTP out log to see if it shows any 550 or other errors.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back