Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager Vs. Call Manager express??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizmm

Instructor
Mar 8, 2004
US
Weve had Cisco call manager for about 5 years not and have not upgraded due to a number of reasons. We have 2 call manager servers, 1 unity server, and one voice gateway router. Its time to upgrade and Im looking at Call manager express. We only have about 100 users/phones, maybe less.

The vendor said that CME doesn't deliver voice mail to your inbox the same way that a full blown unity server does? He said you have to use IMap within cme to deliver VM to an exchange mailbox.

Can anyone clarify this anymore for me? thanks

If you are on call manager now and switch to CME you will be greatly disappointed. CME is not as flexible, the configuration and maintenance of the system is entirely different snd more cumbersome, including the web interface.
You will also lose redunduncy if that is of any value to you.
If you are looking at this from a price only perspective I would take a second look. I would listen to your VAR and stay with cucm.

I actually did not answer your specific question. Assuming that you will also be replacing unity with Unity express, you cannot do unified messaging. IMAP or SMTP relay are your two options and although they work it is not unified messaging.

great, thats exactly what I needed to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back