Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager unattended power up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NERIC

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
Has anyone here experienced a problem where if the publisher is powered down, the subscriber never tries to re-establish it's connection without manual intervention? From what my Cisco rep tells me, you should never need to do anything. They should re-synce with no problems. I even read the same thing on the Cisco TAC page. Any advice/stories of similar experiences would be appreciated.

Hi,
Have you verified that SQL replication has been working successfully between the publisher and subscriber? One simple test may be to check in the Network configuration of the IP phones (on a 7960, hit Settings --> Network Configuration ---> Check if the primary Call Manager shows up as Active and the secondary Call Manager shows up as Standby. If they don't, then you might need to look deeper into the SQL Enterprise Manager replication screens.)
In my experience, I have seen that replication problems cause the issues similar to what you are describing.

This is not a problem with replication. When the subscriber is rebooted, or the service restarted, everything is fine again. I am looking for a way for the link to be re-established without human intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back