Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call manager moving away from windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annacat

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
Is Cisco looking at moving call manager/Unity away from windows any time soon?

I heard a rumor on the Cisco forums that CCM 5.0 will be on Linux...don't know how true that is, though.

TMH

Heard the same rumor for CCM 5.0. Not sure about Unity.

Yep. Cisco is planning to move the entire platform to Linux. They already run it on their Network Modules with hard drives (like Unity Express). Should be interesting. I've been meaning to learn linux and this sounds like just the kick in the rump I needed.

It is what it is!!

It will be interesting to see what variant of Linux they will use. Anyone know?....

They will use the same version they use for the Wireless Lan Solution Engine and thier IDS appliances. Not sure exactly which one that is though.

It is what it is!!

I believe they use redhat for their wireless. Wonder if they will just purchase the company rather than licencing for all their product. That would stir up things quite a bit. A lot of VOIP manufacturers are using redhat.

I'm curious as to how or if they're going to move Unity to linux, since it's so dependent on MS Exchange for the back-end mail store...anyone know? Or heard anything?

TMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back