Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager 3.x Subscriber fails to authenticate to Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codewacker

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
We have two Cisco 7830's. One has been installed as a Publisher. We are trying to install the second 7830 as a Subscriber. Everytime we get to the the part where the Subscriber has to authenticate to the Publisher it fails. We have tried using DNS and LMHOSTS but nothing seems to work. They can both ping each other. Any ideas??

Authenticate as in the SA or Administrator type login?

BuckWeet

It's an off-chance, but are they able to see eachother domain-wise? Try mapping a drive from one to the other and then setting up the SQL association. I'm not a big SQL person, but i've found that this sometimes 'opens' a communication channel that did not previously exist...

When it comes to adding a subsriber to a publisher, I always use the browse feature to find the publisher. This means they can communicate and will have the correct information as far as workgroups, domains, etc.

Don't forget to put both publisher and subscriber host names and their ip addresses in the "hosts" and "lmhosts" files on both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back