Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager 3.3 on a Shared Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluffy

Programmer
Sep 2, 2004
US
I'm setting up Call Manager 3.3 to access a 3640 gateway running in H.323 mode - Our call manager server is just one of many devices connected to the gateway. Are there any special considerations/configurations to take into account? Everything looks pretty straight forward, but I'm having problems dialing out.

paste the dial-peer configuration of the gateway and the config of the serial interface.

Simon

You need to figure out how much the 3640 is being used, making sure that you're not oversubscribing the box...

BuckWeet

The test configuration is as follows:

!
dial-peer voice 9440 voip
destination-pattern 13015849430
progress_ind setup enable 3
voice-class h323 9430
session target ipv4:69.139.229.31
dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 9441 pots
destination-pattern 1T
no digit-strip
direct-inward-dial
port 2/0:23

--- I think for the most part, the call manager portion is an easy setup (and I believed I got that figured out) - However, the gateway tech is telling me that when the number is dialed from a PSTN into the gateway, the gateway never sends a packet to the session target - it just searches and rolls over the port?

Since this is a PRI, I would imagine that you are using DNIS. Change to this.

dial-peer voice 9441 pots
destination-pattern .

It will accept all calls from the PRI as an inbound call. You will then need to add a dial peer for your call manager system depending on how you are getting your digits.

Keep in mind that a call coming into a gateway needs 2 dial peers.

An inbound dial peer and an outbound dial peer

If you are using DNIS digits 5510-5529 then here is an example of a dial peer you will need to send the call to callmanager.

dial-peer voice 5 voip
description Inbound DNIS
destination-pattern 55[1,2].
session target ipv4:10.5.1.4
ip qos dscp cs6 media
no vad

It is what it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back