Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladmin

Instructor
Feb 5, 2003
US
Is there a way to capture any call logs from the Magix? From reading some of the other posts it sounds like I could hook up a pc and use hyperterminal to get this data. If this is true can someone give me a bit more information on how to do this

thanks

COLADMIN

Get the info from the SMDR port on the processor. There is a small buffer that stores tens of calls, and that will dump out as soon as you extract it. Thereafter you'll get a line of text with the date, time, calll duration, extension, etc. Settings are 1299, N, 8, 1 no flow control.

Pepperz@charter.net

will a cisco console cable work or do I need a 355 adapter? I am connected to the SMDR port with the cisco cable and I am not getting anything in hyperterminal

ok I found a 355 adapter and I am still not seeing anyting what am I doing wrong.

Admin Port Pinout
Mod Plug 25 DB male
1 to 22
2 to 6 and 8
3 to 20
4 to 7
5 to 3
6 to 2
7 not used
8 not used

Hope this comes through OK.

Pepperz@charter.net

Are you getting anythng on hyperterminal?

Pepperz@charter.net

no and when I pulled the cable from the SMDR port my system cold restarted?

You sure you're in the SMDR, not the Admin port? Admin is bottom port.

Pepperz@charter.net

That shuld have had no effect whatsoever on your system operations.

Pepperz@charter.net

yeah I have no idea how that happened. I have removed that calbe many time before..its jut benn one of those days. when I do get it to come up will there just be data on the screen.

If there is data, that's good! You may have to adjust your baud rate until the data makes sense.

Pepperz@charter.net

We use Merlin Legend Reporter 1.1a. It's not as fancy as something like Taske, but it gives us reports on incoming, outgoing, talk times and abandons and such.
Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back