Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Logs on Meridian switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy2003

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
Any one know if there is an LD that is used to print calls recieved on a phone extension(DN)?

No historical logs.

You can set up cdr though which will give you the info. moving forward.

you have to set up cdr to dump to a buffer (pc) or printer, one tty must have usr=cty and the route involved has to be marked cdr=yes then you can look at call detail recording, i send mine to a buffer that dumps to a call accounting system. the raw data is simple enough, in txt format just do a search for your exten. a history file does not show this, but i have never tried to put cty as a user in hsty. it wouldn't do much good, the hsty file is max at 50k or so. i installed an extra comm port on my pc to collect data to a file, script running closes and open and new file at midnight using the date for a file name. in this switch with inter and exter calls it runs around 15 meg every 24 hours, which is not a problem if you are doing ftp on a network at midnight. otherwise you may need to insure the file size topped out a little sooner

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back