Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call logging software and recording phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJB01

MIS
Nov 18, 2002
GB
Just after any experiences and suggestions with software for call loggin EG Who called who and when from what extension type of infomation.

Any for equipment/sw for actually recording the phone conversation.

All to suite a lucnet definity with 40 extensions and 20 incomming lines.

Regards
Stu

Go for Nice Systems Voice Loggers which stores records conversation in a Digital format & keeps all the information of the call. It is best integrated with Definity.

Regards

A CDR package would record just the data from the cals like time, called number and calling number plus duration.
There are a lot out there.

Look at and look for Calacsy.

For voice logging I would have to go with defman.
NICE voice logging is very well integrated with DEFINITY and also very important it is a VERY reliable system Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

We're in the process of selecting a new call recoring application to replace a NICE Call Logger. No issues with the NICE system, it's just coming out of lease and it's too costly to maintain or upgrade. One comment I would have regarding the NICE product is it's completely proprietary. The problem we've encountered is there's no way to convert the audio files created using NICE's proprietary codec. We can't listen to the files once we return the Call Logger without acquiring a playback system from NICE. We can convert the files prior to returning the system if we had staffing to support the estimated 4,000 manhours to convert the archived call data.

Some of the other systems we're looking at include systems from Voice Print(we currently use this in our headquarters), Verint and Eyretel. I would say from a functional standpoint Verint is probably the product of choice at this point, but we're still evaluating the other two. The key point for us is a system that allows us to migrate from TDM based recording to IP based recording. All of these systems currently support, or will soon report IP based call recording. Regarding proprietary codec issue, these systems all record to a wav file using a codec that's readily available from many sources meaning these files can be played back on just about any pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back