Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Logging on M3904 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

shbshb

Technical User
Oct 31, 2004
US
Is there a way to stop call logging on an M3904 phone? We use SCN's for attorney line appearances on secretary phones. The secretaries do not want the attorney's calls logged on their phones. I would have to agree with them. I checked all the CLS codes and there does not seem to be one for call logging.

On the 3904 phone itself go into OPTIONS then arrow down to "Call Log Options" press select then arrow down to "new call Idication" and pres "off", then "Done" then Quit.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

That only turns off the indication that I have new calls. It does not stop the phone from logging.

You have to set something in CLS of that set. I'm not sure but I think it is DNDD or something in that area.

the logging is complimentary, dndd will change what you see on the display, as you stated you can turn off the display but thr calls are still in the log, of course you can delete all calls in the log but that's a pain. a simple change on the phone may clear the log, but i have been told the log is their

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

under OPTIONS I set my "new call indication" to OFF and my phone does not log any calls, so I don't know why it's not working for shbshb...

It may be a difference in revs. We are on Succession 3.0. I just turned my New Call Indication to Off and called my phone. The new indication did not come up but the call was still logged under Directory/Log. Do you have your phone set to log all calls or just unanswered calls? That may be the difference between our phones.

I usually have it set for just unanswered but whether I set it to all or unanswered, once I turn off notification I don't get any more calls logged. Tried it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back