Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call log not logging calls after setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSandberg

Technical User
Sep 20, 2017
US
Hi
We have a Norstar M7310, about 10 of them. I went through the steps to set up caller id/ call log and we are still not seeing either, on any of the phones. I went into Terminals&Sets > selected my extension > Telco features > for each line 001/002, Caller Id set"Y" then to NAME or NUMBER first > Called id"Y" > assign log space > log:0/ Pool:600 > ADD :50 then backed out. I repeated this process, from my phone, for EACH extension ( 10 working phones/ext only, there were other extensions listed but they were never assigned so I just left them)

After all that I went into a couple of the phones and did FEATURE *84 > Log All Calls > hit OK.

So the problem is I still don't have any information come up for calls. I let the phone ring 3 times. I some posts about having telco service? I don't know what this is and we don't have it. We have Verizon lol, with caller id.

Any thoughts on how to make this work??
thanks.

What they mean is your Carrier (Verizon) has to provide the Caller ID feature which is normal extra charge or part of a package.
You also need to have a proper Line Card (CLID) in the phone system that is Caller ID equipped.

Note that a phone that has the line told to Ring as well Appear will show the CLID while it's ringing.
On older software only 1 set on the system will show the Auto CLID.

All other sets would have to press Feature 811 then the flashing line to see the CLID.

Voice Mail will transfer the CLID is you are full AA but AA needs to be told to answer at 2 rings and not 0.

If you have all of those then a tech may be to go to site and hook up a test set to see if the CLID transmission is being sent between the first and second ring to see if a system or carrier issue.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back