Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Log External Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottydont

Technical User
May 3, 2007
Hi All,

I heard that in order for a user to call a number in there i.e. missed call log they need to edit the number and put 9 in front of the number before the call will go out. Is there a way around this?

I have a customer who wants to simply select the number in his call log, hit dial and call out but it does not work. I thought of making some CDP's for local and mobile numbers but they clash with the customers SRG sites so thats not an option.

Is there a way to insert a digit in front of the CLI i.e 8 when it is sent to the users handset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

It's possible.
In you FTR data you must add a DAPC prefix table. The default table is 0. Print table 0. Create table 1 the same as table 0 and add your extra digit in your E164 and E163 for the INTL and NATL.
On your incomming route change your DAPC prompt to YES and add your just created table number TBL prompt.

Hi RS528,

Thanks for that, it works perfectly.

Cheers,

Scott

So, how would you do this for long distance calls that require 1+ dialing and not just the access code?

Hi Spzy78,

You can put different codes for different call types i.e. NATL could be "2" and LOCL could be "1".

Cheers,

Scott

I've added the 1 to incoming local calls, now how would i add to incoming calls that are from long distance callers?

thanks,
-pt.

HI PBXT3CH,

If you follow RS528's instructions you will be able to create a new table and add "1" for all incoming numbers. If your not sure what number plan it belongs to, maybe turn on d-channel messaging and it will display the call type i.e. NATL and the calling number and you will know what call type to add the extra digit to. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back