Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call is not going through when calling an extension, please help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasTXtech

Technical User
Dec 10, 2015
US
call is not going through when calling an extension, please help

well... given the level of detail as to what the issue is, you're not likely to get a helpful answer. I suspect that intrigrant was using the mechanism of sarcasm to inform you of this.

I suspect...

try this:
version/hardware/call type/VM (if issue is from an AA), anything set on phone (DND+no VM as an example) etc. etc. etc. Monitor traces are also helpful.

Otherwise, try another quarter.

GB

Ok, Here is my quarter!!! I added line appearance from the first button to the sixth. From the ninth I added the extensions as users. Now when picking up the handset and dialing an extension it stalls. the top of the phone (1416) says dial:number? I dial the extension and then say incomplete.

Bingo... you MUST have appearances they are not there for looks. A lot of functionality is tied to appearance buttons. You really want to dump the line appearances but that is beating a dead horse.

What would be a good basic button configuration for a small office?; 6 pri channels, no voice mail, manual call forwarding, and inter office call transfer.

If you have a PRI you can not use line appearances anyway. I wish IP manager would just remove the line appearances since they cause issues and can't be used unless your on analog anyways.

The system starts with 3 appearance buttons usually that is fine. You want to add park buttons, generally park 1, park 2 and park 3 on all phones to place calls on hold and then be answered on another extension. Beyond that it is based on the what the company wants.

If on a newer system with Park and Page it is better to use that than Park as it requires just a single button for however many park slots you want.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back