Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayscott

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2001
US
How do I set our legend system up so that when one phone rings. Another one will also ring. It work now, however when 1st set rings the second also rings. but not the other way around. Can you please explain step by step.

Sounds like you should use primary coverage. For example lets say the two extensions are 101 and 102. Setup 101 with a primary coverage button (I think it is *40??) for extension 102, and setup extension 102 with a primary coverage button for 101. A couple things to look out for..... Make sure the ring option for the coverage button is set to immediate (*37). If the button description has "-R" at the end of it you are all set. Also, you may want to setup multiple Primary cover buttons for each extension depending on how many SA buttons the phones have. Most likely you would only need 2 since the 3rd one is reserved to make outgoing calls. Hope this helps.

Primary Coverage with Immediate (-I) Ring is what you want, but you can only put one cover button for an extension on another extension. That is, you can't put multiple cover buttons for 101 on 102. However, you can also put a pickup 101 button on 102. Then, when the cover 101 button rings, press the pickup 101 button to pull the call over to your own SA button, leaving the coverage button free to ring for another call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back